Sunday, April 4, 2010

Desk Lamp

Since our housefire last fall, we've desperately been needing a new desk lamp.  Our office has a distinctly modern flair, and that's the direction we've been pursuing in search for a new lamp.  I'd considered CB2's Crane Desk Lamp, but was turned off by its fixed ten-year lifespan, especially considering the $100 price tag.  Yesterday, I stumbled upon a consignment shop I'd never visited before.  Its stock was mostly pretty traditional, colonialesque housewares, but I was tickled this little oddity.  This lamp is not my usual style, but man!, I sympathized with this little cast-iron, badly-bronzed, bone-headed guy.  He now has a place in my book-filled office.  I topped him off with a simple, barely-off-white, modern shade from Lowe's and a bright 20 watt compact fluorescent.

Lamp, shade, and bulb checked out for $57.

1 comment: